Minimum rights for victims of crime in Europe
People who suffer a crime in the European Union are entitled to certain rights.
In this leaflet compiled by the Victim Support Europe you can find a minimum of rights and services that should be granted and provided to all victims of crime, namely:
– right to respect and recognition;
– right to an effective remedy;
– right to information;
– right to specialist victim support services;
– right to compensation;
– right to protection;
– right to services in accordance to needs;
– right to participation;
– right as a witness;
– right to reimbursement of expenses.