On 19 May 2017 Dr. Gábor Veisz was elected President of Victim Support Europe at our Annul General Meeting which took place in Dublin, Ireland.
Dr. Gábor Veisz has been working in the field of victim support since 2009. Between 2011 and 2017 he was head of the Victim Support Unit of the Hungarian Office of Justice (later Ministry of Justice), thus being responsible for the professional coordination of the Hungarian victim support system. The Hungarian state organisation for victim support became an associate member of VSE during his leadership. Also, Hungary was among the first to transpose the regulations of the 2012 Victim Support Directive in 2015. After leaving public service, he started his own legal practice in Győr in western Hungary and became a member of Fehér Gyűrű Közhasznú Egyesület/White Ring Association, the longest standing victim support organisation in the country. He has university degree in law from Budapest (MA) and from Dundee (BA).
Our current Vice-President Helgard van Hüllen from Weisser Ring Germany was re-elected for the same position at the AGM in Dublin.
Helgard van Hüllen is Vice President of Victim Support Europe and Deputy National Chair of Weisser Ring Germany, where she is also a Member of the Advisory Board for Education and Training. Dr. van Hüllen is also head of Weisser Ring’s branch in Bad Tölz/Wolfratshausen in Bavaria and has over 20 years of experience in delivering support for victims and running victim support organisations. Dr. Helgard van Hüllen began working as a volunteer with Weisser Ring in 1993 and became a member of the board in 1998.
8 countries are currently represented on our Executive Board:
– President | João Lázaro, President of APAV, Portugal
– Vice-President | Helgard van Hüllen, Vice-President of Weisser Ring Germany
– Treasurer |Brendan Loughran, Chair of The Board of Victim Support Northern Ireland
– Leena-Kaisa Åberg, CEO of RIKU, Finland
– Mark Castle, CEO of Victim Support England and Wales, UK
– Gábor Veisz, Fehér Gyűrű Közhasznú Egyesület/White Ring Association, Hungary
– Livija Plančić, President of Bijeli krug Hrvatske, Croatia
– Barbara Unterlerchner, Weisser Ring Austria