I-CARE gives most of the support to victims through 6 house-shelters located in north of Italy.
The largest one can accommodate up to 17 victims in parallel (I-CARE hosted 78 victims in 2017).
Benefits paid to all victims are:
– Basic care, listening to the physical and / or psychological needs.
– Preparation of meals with the contribution of victims if they benefit in joining into this activity;
– Laundry and maid;
– Transport to and from hospital, courts or police offices, law firms, or any other reasonable need;
– Protection of the victim from unnecessary intrusions, protecting their privacy, even with media;
– Consultancy directed to obtain compensation and reparation;
– Updating with developments of legal proceedings.
In 2017, in addition to the normal work, service and support, I-CARE supported Italian victims of terrorist attacks.