Most of the support given by I-CARE to victims is carried out through 6 shelters distributed in northern Italy. The largest shelter can accommodate up to 17 victims in parallel (i-CARE host 26 victims in the first months of 2017)
Benefits paid to all victims are:
– Basic care, listening to the physical and / or psychological needs.
– Preparation of meals with the participation of the victims if they feel a benefit from participating in this activity;
– Laundry and maid;
– Transport to and from hospital, courts or police offices, law firms, or any other legitimate need;
– Protection of the victim from unnecessary intrusions, protecting their privacy even with the press;
– Consultancy for obtaining compensation and reparation;
– Updating the victim on the developments of legal proceedings.
In addition to the normal work of service and support, I-CARE has been supporting cross-border victims of the terrorist attacks in Brussels and Nice.