Victim Support Europe (VSE) is the leading Europe-wide umbrella organisation for victims of crime. It is a dynamic organisation, going through an exciting period of expansion and development. It currently consists of 47 organisations from 27 countries including 22 Member States of the European Union plus Russia, Serbia, Switzerland and the USA.
VSE advocates on behalf of victims, to strengthen their safety and security rights and protection throughout Europe. The organisation aims to ensure that every victim in Europe is able to access information and support services in the aftermath of crime, regardless of where the victim lives or where the crime took place.
VSE is currently looking for a full time Deputy Director. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, and with responsibility to act on his behalf in his absence, the Deputy will support the Executive Director in the development and implementation of the VSEs strategic plans and policies, provide leadership and direction to VSE’s staff, and will be in responsible for delivering VSE’s core programme objectives. The deputy Director will also ensure good governance of the organisation through close collaboration with the Executive Board and Management Team.
This busy and high profile role requires a highly organised person with an excellent level of knowledge on victimisation issues, as well as someone with strong interpersonal skills who is able to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders from senior politicians, Directors, frontline staff, government authorities as well as VSE members.
The post will be based in our head office in Brussels but travel will occasionally be required.
- Developing, managing and implementing activities under Victim Support Europe’s work programme, projects and strategic objectives;
- Assist the executive director with strategic planning and coordination of the organization’s programs, projects, and policy positions.
- Sustaining and further developing relationships with stakeholders and partners;
- Ensuring good governance through strong collaboration with VSE’s governance structures;
- Develop, manage and implement capacity building and training activities
- Organisational, financial and staff management;
- Work to secure financial support for the NGO, write grants
- Other reasonable activities, linked to the role, as may be required.
Detailed job description, skills, requirements and needed experience you can find here
The application should include a motivation letter outlining
- why the applicant wants the job
- what special attributes the applicant would bring to the job
- what skills, knowledge and experience the applicant has which are transferrable to this position
The application should also include a CV as well as any other relevant information. A minimum of two references that may be contacted during the recruitment process should be mentioned.
Please send your application only electronically to email@example.com
The deadline for sending applications is 19 January 2018. A first round of interviews will take place from 22 to 26 January.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Travel costs for interviews in Brussels will not be reimbursed.