We need your help
Our priorities for 2016 are listed below. Your donations will help us to expand the reach of these projects, so we can do more and support more countries:
- Your donations will help us to put in place new projects including full monitoring of EU and international laws on victims’ rights. Many laws are in place, but victims are simply not benefiting. We need to identify gaps, raise awareness of failings and help introduce solutions.
- Your donations will also help us develop our services for victims. Information is crucial to victims. We want to develop a knowledge portal for victims which will help them understand what they are going through, provide advice on what to do and where to get help after a crime and to prevent crime.
- Your donations will help us develop new IT for victims. We want to help victims and victim services through new technologies such as developing mobile apps which would provide information to victims and help them find their local victim support office.
Priorities for 2016
- Support the establishment and development of victim support services in EU Member States.
- Help ensure that people victimised abroad in Europe get the support they need
- Develop standards for victim support so victims get high quality services.
- Develop state-of-the-art training tools for victim support.
- Input into EU and international policy developments on victims and ensure victims’ rights remain high on the international agenda
Victim Support Europe is largely funded by the European Commission and by Membership fees. This means our funding is limited and must be focused largely on work in EU Countries.
We would like to do many more projects to help victims both in the EU and around the rest of Europe. As a Not for Profit, your generous donations and sponsorships will help improve and expand our services.